Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday, May 4th

Nate and Abby started school today at Westhill. Abby was so excited to see all of her friends again! I'm a little worried about Nate, his Spanish teacher is Ms. May who was my 5th grade Spanish teacher. She is a good teacher but she is pretty strict, and Nate isn't very disciplined. My mom and I went down to the Wi-fi zone this morning and stayed there until lunch. I read for a while and then when my mom went to pick up Nate and Abby from school I took Toffee for a walk. After that I went to the Wi-fi zone again by myself for about an hour. When I got back I had dinner and then read again. A while later I heard my mom yell, so I went to see what happened. For some reason, Abby decided to plug the shower drain and then take a 30 minute shower. She didn't notice the water leaking out of the shower and running across the floor into our room. While I was ran around the apartment grabbing every blanket and towel we had to soak up the water, my mom grabbed a thick blanket and tried to push the water off of the wood floor and into the bathroom. And as if it wasn't enough that the flood covered half of our room, it leaked THROUGH THE WALL into Nate's room next door! The water also managed to get under the wood floor and even under the tile in the bathroom! Now the wood is peeling up around the edges and the tile got darker where the water got through. What a nightmare!

4 comments:

Followers