Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tuesday, April 27th

Today we had to get up pretty early because we had to go visit two schools, Colombia and Greengates.
We went to Colombia first. I got to see my friend Paulina there, she has a twin sister Marianna but we couldn't find her, and I also saw their friend Lessie. Those three use to go to my old school, Westhill, but they switched to Colombia. Westhill is the school Nate and Abby are probably going to go to. I liked Colombia, the classes ended at 2:00 but there were after-school activities that ended at 3:00. So if i did an after-school class (I would probably do choir) I could still get home at a decent hour. Also they only have English 7 hours a week so I would learn Spanish so much faster! The only problem is before I enroll we need to show them proof that I passed 5th, 6th, and 7th grade. So my mom will have to get papers from Westhill and River Trails, and since I was homeschooled for 7th I will have to take an exam to prove I know enough to pass to 8th grade.
Afterward we went to Greengates, it took a long time to get there because it is pretty far away. First we got a tour of the grounds, it is very big and a nice campus, then we went to see the principle. When we asked about SEP, the Spanish program, she said that it was full! So the only option is the English program, but I know I won't learn Spanish very fast in that, so were thinking probably not Greengates.

2 comments:

Followers