Sunday, May 2, 2010

Saturday, April 17th

Today we went to Xochimilco (zo-chi-mil-co) with a couple of other families as a kind of 'Welcome Back' party. Xochimilco is a river where you can rent a boat and pay for someone to pole you around. We had a nice lunch while almost freezing to death, of course none of us had bothered to check the weather so we were almost all in t-shirts, it was raining pretty heavily and the wind was blowing hard. Thankfully they had a curtain that they pulled down that blocked most of the wind, but it was still cold! My friend Chloe came too and so it was still pretty fun. Afterward the rain cleared up and we went plant shopping, I got a miniature tree and a little bamboo plant.
When we got home my mom sent Nate out with Toffee, when they didn't come back after about twenty minutes my mom and I went looking for him while my dad stayed in the apartment in case he came back. My dad called the security and they started looking for him too. After about an hour, maybe more, someone found him. The place that we're staying has three towers, we live in tower 1. Apparently Nate went up the wrong elevator and ended up in tower 2. He found our room number and started knocking and knocking until someone came out of the apartment across from the one Nate was at and asked him what he was doing. Nate accedently said "You don't speak Spanish" but the nice man understood what he was trying to say. He took Nate to the front desk and they brought him back to our apartment. After everyone calmed down my parents took me to Chloe's house for a sleepover. The funny thing is Chloe lives in the same house that I lived in last time I was in Mexico. It was so WEIRD to see our house with their stuff in it! Another girl named Noelle spent the night too, she goes to Greengates, the same school as Chloe. They really want me to go to that school with them, I want to go to it too!

1 comment:

Followers