Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday, July 17th

We had an adventure today! :) We left the house at around 8:30 to go to some caves near Taxco (the silver town), the drive took about 2 hours. The caves were called Cacahuamilpa and they were HUGE! We had to go with a tour (I guess they didn't want anyone wandering around by themselves), I didn't like being with the tour because we stopped in every cavern for about 10 minutes so that the guide could point out all of the shapes that the rocks made. But his voice echoed and we couldn't understand anything he was saying. For the first about 30 minutes it was really cool to look at all of the rock formations made by the dripping water, then my foot started to hurt, Abby's stomache hurt, and we were all tired and bored so we turned around and went back. On our way back we passed an open auditorium with a free concert so we sat down and listened to a few songs. It was two people preforming, one with a guitar and one with an accordian. They were really good, but it wasn't exactly my style of music. When we had rested for a few minutes we walked the rest of the way out. It was amazing coming out, after staring at rocks in the darkness of a cave, the plants outside seemed much greener and more brilliantly colored! Then we drove into Taxco, which is a town that is famous for its silver. Abby and I each got a ring and then we headed to lunch. It's funny how much I remember that I thought I had forgotten, we had eaten at this same restaurant a couple of years ago and my mom had eaten something that made her sick, thankfully none of us got sick this time! I also remembered that we have a picture of us next to an Aztec calendar and another next to an old tree, we took another picture next to the same calendar and tree, it's amazing how different we are!!

Then:Now:
(Oh, and we are sticking our tounges out for a reason, it looks like the face on the calendar is doing it, so we didn't do it to be weird or anything. Just clearing that up! :))

Then:

Now:

(I'll post the rest of the pictures on Picasa soon!)
After our brief shopping trip we got in the car again to go see some ruins, but we were to be disappointed, and a bit frustrated. We got there 5 minutes too late to go in! So we got back in the car and went home. I slept most of the way back, which was good because I need to catch up on my sleep after staying up late with Noelle a couple days in a row. When we got back and as soon as the little ones were in bed, my mom, dad and I watched Part 2 of the first Lord of the Rings.








7 comments:

  1. sounds like a long day!!! i love the pics!! u look sooooooooo much beter now... o and everyone looks older

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Nate's wearing the same shirt!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, wow!!! really??? i didn't see that!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol nice pics...and wow same shirt, didnt notice tht 1 at all!!!! yay lord of the rings!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. gewn you look great with your toung sticking out! and im glad you said you weren't just doing that because your weird because that what i thought.

    ReplyDelete

Followers