Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Denver, CO (Dec. 30th-Jan. 2nd)

We arrived in Denver in the evening, then we had to drive to our friend's house, the Forces. We knew them in Dallas, before we both moved, and it was good to see them again! They live in a house out in the woods, their yard looks like something you'd see on a postcard, with everything covered in a thick layer of snow! While we were there we spent a lot of time playing out in the snow and then coming in to warm up and playing Settlers of Catan almost every night. One day we went out to skate on a frozen lake that was nearby. My mom and I didn't, but everyone else had a lot of fun! Nate had to be convinced that the ice was thick enough to support our weight before he got on. We saw a lot of beautiful ice sculptures nearby, and spent some time shopping as well. We had a lot of fun during our time there!

2 comments:

  1. Gwen, I have heard good things about the game you mentioned. What do you like about it? Do you think I should get it for my boys? They are 12, 9, and 8 now. Your trip sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Catan because it's different every time because you can design it how you want. I think at that age they would be able to enjoy it, Abby is 8 and she loves it!

    ReplyDelete

Followers