Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Breckenridge, CO (Jan. 2nd-Jan. 7th)

We arrived in the late afternoon, so we had to wait until the next day to ski. We woke up and got out there fairly early, we started out easy and slowly worked our way up to harder slopes throughout the week. By the end I was learning to tree and powder ski and had done my first mogul run! And on the last day I even tried a black diamond! It was cool to be able to say that I can do black diamonds (the one I took wasn't even that hard), but I prefer blues. My dad went up to the top of the mountain and did a double black diamond! Nate and Abby were taking all of the jumps they could find, and my mom was flying down the slopes! On the last day Nate was trying to take a jump, but got off balance and ran into a tree. He was okay but a bit shaken up, so he went back to the cabin for a while. It was a fantastic vacation overall!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Your mom and dad were always very adventurous. Sounds like you guys made many great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah they're still really adventurous!

    ReplyDelete

Followers