Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday, August 23rd

Sorry that I didn't post for so long, school has been keeping me busy then the Internet quit and then I kinda got traumatized XP (see Saturday's post).

School started on August 23rd, a lot earlier than most schools in the U.S. My school is called Eton, it's pretty far away from my house and I have a long bus ride, but I get home in the afternoon at a decent hour. The school put me in 2nd grade....just kidding XD. It's called 2nd de secundaria (2nd of secondary) in Mexico the grades go 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, etc.... So I'm really in 8th, they just call it second!

The girls in my grade are pretty easy to categorize. There's the huge group of about 20 Mexicans, the two Koreans, and me. I have become good friends with the Koreans, Jany (pronounced Hani) and Lora. They are like me, actually trying to learn in school instead of texting each other from under the desk like a lot of the popular Mexicans. Jany and Lora are Koreans by birth, but Mexicans by culture. The have both lived in Mexico for most of their lives and speak Spanish fluently.

I only have 3 English classes and there aren't any native English-speakers in my grade, so I pretty much speak Spanish all day. I'm not sure that there are any other Americans in the school. My classes in English are Social Studies, Literature, and Composition. My Spanish ones are: Math, Fisics, Civics, Spanish, History, Tutor, Computers, and PE. But not all in one day, obviously, they're spread throughout the week. Mexican middle school isn't like in the States, we only change classes twice, for English and Spanish classes. Instead of us changing classes, the teachers do!

I really like Eton and I'm glad that I chose to come here. I feel like I'm learning a ton of Spanish, but it's not really boring or hard! In other words, life is good right now! :)

5 comments:

  1. hahah your in 2nd grade!! lol jk
    Im really glad you got some new friends. You said that there are about 20 of u guys? that not much, is that all the people in your grade?
    I love how the teachers change classes.
    Its good that life is good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd grade!!! Did you fail all of your test? hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol yes I failed.... *ashamed face* lol jk
    20 in the class, more like 60 in the grade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol....shame shame....tht system must get confusing.....

    ReplyDelete

Followers